- F. Ofli, R. Chaudhry, G. Kurillo, R. Vidal, R. Bajcsy,"Sequence of the Most Informative Joints (SMIJ): A New Representation for Human Skeletal Action Recognition," Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. Accepted.
- Arefin, A., Huang, Z., Rivas, R., Shi, S., Wu, W., Xia, P., Nahrstedt, K., Kurillo, G., Bajcsy, R., “Classification and Analysis of 3D Tele-immersive Activities", IEEE Multimedia, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 38-48, 2013.
- G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy, "3D Teleimmersion for Collaboration and Interaction of Geographically Distributed Users", March 2013, Volume 17, Issue 1, pp 29-43.
- F. Ofli, R. Chaudhry, G. Kurillo, R. Vidal, R. Bajcsy,"MHAD: A Comprehensive Multimodal Human Action Database", Workshop on the Applications of Computer Vision, pp. 53 - 60, 2013.
- G. Kurillo, J.J. Han, Š. Obdržálek, P. Yan, R.T. Abresh, A. Nicorici, R. Bajcsy, "Upper Extremity Reachable Workspace Evaluation with Kinect", Stud Health Technol Inform. 2013;184:247-53 (Proceedings of MMVR 2013).
- Š. Obdržálek, G. Kurillo, E. Seto, R. Bajcsy, "Architecture of an Automated Coaching System for Elderly Population", Stud Health Technol Inform. 2013;184:309-11 (Proceedings of MMVR 2013).
- P. Yan, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy, R.T. Abresch, A. Nicorici, L. Johnson, J.J. Han, "mHealth Application for Upper Extremity Range of Motion and Reachable Workspace", Stud Health Technol Inform. 2013;184:478-80 (Proceedings of MMVR 2013).
- G. Kurillo, J.J. Han, R.T. Abresch, A. Nicorici, P. Yan and R. Bajcsy, "Development and Application of Stereo Camera-Based Upper Extremity Workspace Evaluation in Patients with Neuromuscular Diseases", PLOS ONE journal, September 2012.
- Š. Obdržálek, G. Kurillo, F. Ofli, R. Bajcsy, E. Seto, H. Jimison, M. Pavel, "Accuracy and Robustness of Kinect Pose Estimation in the Context of Coaching of Elderly Population, EMBC, 34th International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, San Diego, California, August 2012
- Y. Okamoto, G. Kurillo, T. Oishi, K. Ikeuchi, R. Bajcsy, "3D Remote Collaboration Framework for Virtual Cultural Heritage on the Windows Azure Environment", Cloud Futures: Hot Topics in Research and Education, Berkeley, CA, May 7-8, 2012.
- R. Chaudhry, F. Ofli, G. Kurillo, R. Vidal, R. Bajcsy, "Sequence of Most Informative Joints (SMIJ): A New Representation for Human Skeletal Action Recognition", International Workshop on Human Activity Recognition from 3D Data (HAU3D12), in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, June 2012.
- H. Baker, G. Kurillo, Z. Li, Q. T. Luong, C. Papadas, "Capture considerations in panoramic multiview cameras", 2012 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW), June 2012.
- S. Obdržálek, G. Kurillo, J. Han; T. Abresch, R. Bajcsy, "Real-time human pose detection and tracking for tele-rehabilitation in virtual reality," Stud Health Technol Inform 173, 320 (2012).
- W. Wu, A. Arefin, G. Kurillo, P. Agarwal, K. Nahrstedt, R. Bajcsy, "Color-plus-Depth Level-of-Details in 3D Teleimmersive Video - A Psychophysical Approach", Proceedings of ACM Multimedia, 2011
- R. Vasudevan, G. Kurillo, E. Lobaton, T. Bernardin, O. Kreylos, R. Bajcsy, K. Nahrstedt
High Quality Visualization for Geographically Distributed 3D Teleimmersive Applications
IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 573 - 584, 2011.
- G. Kurillo, T. Koritnik, T. Bajd, R. Bajcsy
Real-Time 3D Avatars for Tele-rehabilitation in Virtual Reality
Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference (MMVR18), Newport Beach, CA, 2011.
- M. Forte, G. Kurillo, T. Matlock
Teleimmersive Archaeology: Simulation and Cognitive Impact
Proceedings of Euromed 2010 - Digital Heritage, Nov 8-13, 2010, Lemesos, Cyprus, pp. 422-431.
- M. Forte, G. Kurillo
Cyberarchaeology - Experimenting with Teleimmersive Archaeology
16th International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia (VSMM 2010), Oct 20-23, 2010, Seoul, South Korea.
- G. Kurillo, M. Forte, R. Bajcsy
Teleimmersive 3D Collaborative Environment for Cyberarchaeology
IEEE/CVPR workshop, Applications of Computer Vision in Archaeology (ACVA 2010), June 14, 2010, San Francisco, CA.
- R. Vasudevan, Z. Zhou, G. Kurillo, E. Lobaton, R. Bajcsy, K. Nahrstedt
Real-Time Stereo-Vision System for 3D Teleimmersive Collaboration
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME 2010), July 19-23, Singapore, pp. 1208-1213, 2010.
- Zeyu Li, Harlyn Baker, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy
Projective Epipolar Rectification for a Linear Multi-imager Array
In Proceedings of 3DPVT'10 Conference. May 17-20 2010, Paris, France.
- R. Vasudevan, E. Lobaton, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy, T. Bernardin, B. Hamann, K. Nahrstedt
A Methodology for Remote Virtual Interaction in Teleimmersive Environments
First ACM Multimedia Systems Conference, February 22-23, 2010, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Jyh-Ming Lien, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy
Multi-camera tele-immersion system with real-time model driven data compression
The Visual Computer, vol. 26, no. 1, 2010.
- Zhenyu Yang, Wanmin Wu, K. Nahrstedt, G. Kurillo and R. Bajcsy
Enabling Multi-party 3D Tele-immersive Environments with ViewCast
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications (TOMCCAP), vol. 6, 2010.
- G. Kurillo, Zeyu Li, R. Bajcsy
Framework for hierarchical calibration of multi-camera systems for teleimmersion
Proceedings of IMMERSCOM '09, Berkeley, CA.
- G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy, O. Kreylos, R. Rodriguez
Teleimmersive environment for remote medical collaboration. In Proceedings of Medicine Meets Virtual Reality (MMVR17), Long Beach, CA, Jan 19-22, 2009, pp. 148-150. (Click here for Poster)
- G. Kurillo, R. Vasudevan, E. Lobaton, R. Bajcsy
"A Framework for Collaborative Real-Time 3D Teleimmersion in a Geographically Distributed Environment" Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia
(ISM 2008), 2008
- K. Nahrstedt, R. Bajcsy, L. Wymore, R. Sheppard, K. Mezur
Computation Model of Human Creativity in Dance Choreography, Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Spring Symposia, 2008
- G. Kurillo, Z. Li, R. Bajcsy
Wide-Area External Multi-Camera Calibration Using Vision Graphs and Virtual Calibration Object,” In Proceedings of 2nd ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC ’08), Stanford, CA, 2008
- J.N. Bailenson, K. Patel, A. Nielsen, R. Bajcsy, S. Jung, G. Kurillo
"The Effect of Interactivity on Learning Physical Actions in Virtual Reality". Media Psychology. vol. 11, pp. 354-376, 2008.
- H.S. Kim, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy
“Hand Tracking and Motion Detection from the Sequence of Stereo Color Image Frames,” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT ’08), April 21-24, 2008, Chengdu, China
- G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy, K. Nahrsted, O. Kreylos,
"Immersive 3D Environment for Remote Collaboration and Training of Physical Activities", IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (VR 2008), March 8-12, 2008, Reno, NV
- J.M. Lien, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy
Skeleton-Based Data Compression for Multi-Camera Tele-Immersion System. In Proceedings of International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC 2007), Lake Tahoe, CA, November 26-28, 2007
- Z. Yang, W. Wu, K. Nahrstedt, G. Kurillo, and R. Bajcsy
"Viewcast: View Dissemination and Management for Multi-party 3D Tele-immersive Environments", ACM Multimedia (MM'07), Augsburg, Germany, September 23–29, 2007
- W. Wu, Z. Yang, K. Nahrsted, G. Kurillo, and R. Bajcsy
"Towards Multi-Site Collaboration in Tele-Immersive Environments", ACM Multimedia (MM'07), Augsburg, Germany, September 23–29, 2007
- R. Shepherd, W. Wu, Z. Yang, K. Nahrsted, L. Wymore, G. Kurillo, R. Bajcsy, and K. Mezur
"TEEVE: New Digital Options for Collaborative Dance in Geographically Distributed Tele-immersive Spaces", ACM Multimedia (MM'07), Augsburg, Germany, September 23–29, 2007
- K. Nahrstedt, R. Bajcsy, L. Wymore, G. Kurillo, K. Mezur, R. Sheppard, Z. Yang, and W. Wu.
"Symbiosis of Tele-Immersive Environments with Creative Choreography", ACM Workshop on Supporting Creative Acts Beyond Dissemination, associated with 6th ACM Creativity and Cognition Conference, June 13-15, 2007, Washington, DC
- Z. Yang, B. Yu, R. Diankov, W. Wu and R. Bajcsy
Collaborative Dancing in Tele-immersive Environment in Proc. of ACM Multimedia (MM'06) (Short Paper), Santa Barbara, CA, 2006
- J.M. Lien, R. Bajcsy
"Model Driven Compression of 3-D Tele-Immersion Data,"Model Driven Compression of 3-D Tele-Immersion Data,"Technical Report, EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, 2006
- S.H. Jung, R. Bajcsy
"A Framework for Constructing Real-Time Immersive Environments for Training Physical Activities"
Journal of Multimedia, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 9-17, 2006
- K. Patel, J. Bailenson, S.H. Jung, R. Bajcsy
“The Effects of Fully Immersive Virtual reality on Objective and Subjective Learning of Physical Tasks”. In Proceedings of PRESENCE 2006 International workshop on Presence, August 24-26th, Cleveland, Ohio, 2006
- K. Nahrstedt, Z. Yang, B. Yu, R. Bajcsy
" A Multi-stream Adaptation Framework for Bandwidth Management in 3D Tele-immersion” A Multi-stream Adaptation Framework for Bandwidth Management in 3D Tele-immersion” in proceedings of NOSSDAV 2006 (International Workshop on network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, in Newport, Rhode Island, May 22-23d, 2006
- R.Bajcsy, K.Nahrstedt, L. Wymore
“Humans in Real and Virtual Space: Studies of Interaction and Collaboration Mediated by Information Technology”, In Special Issue: 2006 Women in Robotics, Human Science and Technology, as part of the 9th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems, University of Tokyo, Japan, March 7-9th, 2006
- S.H. Jung, R. Bajcsy
"Learning Physical Activities in Immersive Virtual Environments", in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Int. Conference on Computer Vision Systems, New York City, January 5-7th, 2006
- Z. Yang, Y. Cui, B. Yu, J. Liang, K. Nahrstedt, S.H. Jung and R. Bajscy
TEEVE: The Next Generation Architecture for Tele-Immersive Environments, Report No. UIUCDCS-R-2005-2631 (Engr. Report No. UILU-ENG-2005-1821), Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- Z. Yang, J. Liang, B. Yu, Y. Cui, K. Nahrstedt, S.H. Jung, R. Bajcsy
"TEEVE: Tele-immersive Environment for Everybody", Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium of Multimedia, Irvine, California, Dec. 12-14th, 2005
- J. Liang, Z. Yang, B. Yu, Y. Cui, K. Nahrstedt, S.H. Jung, A. Yeap, R. Bajcsy
"Experience with Multi-Camera Tele-immersive Environments", NSF Experience Workshop on Pervasive Computing, Urbana, IL, July 27, 2005
Please note that copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors and publishers.
For the IEEE publications:
Copyright C IEEE. Reprinted from conference proceedings.
This material is posted here with permission of the IEEE. Such permission of the IEEE does not in any way imply IEEE endorsement of any of the University's products or services. Internal or personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution must be obtained from the IEEE by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.